Are you a Parish Councillor or a Landowner in the Cotswolds?
English Rural is holding the second of a series of planned, regional webinars, focussing on how affordable rural housing changes lives and communities. The second session, which will run during Rural Housing Week 2021, will have a particular focus on the Cotswolds.
The 45-minute sessions (with questions) will be delivered in a ‘webinar’ format.
When?: Thursday 8th July 2021 – 12:30pm until 1:15pm
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Who will you hear from?
- Local Authority: What role does the local authority play and how can it support rural communities that want to take action and deliver affordable homes? Cllr Lisa Spivey, Cabinet Member for Housing and Homelessness at Cotswold District Council, offers her perspective.
- Parish Council: How do Parish Councils ensure the local community is represented and benefit from affordable rural homes? Parish Council Chair, Cllr Stephen Hayward gives a unique perspective on getting affordable rural homes built.
- Cotswold AONB: What are the challenges of building affordable homes in the Cotswolds? John Mills, Planning & Landscape Lead from the Cotswold AONB talks about the challenges and successes of building affordable homes in the Cotswolds.
- A Landowner: Why make land available for local-needs housing? Henry Bryant, a local landowner, talks us through how he wanted to give something back to his village.
- An English Rural Resident: How did it change their life and their community? One of our residents, Sharon, gives a moving story about how being able to live in an affordable rural home changed her life.
Sign up to our newsletter to receive all the latest news and updates.