We recognise that in these times of budget cuts, reductions in funding, and the pressure to find more efficient ways of working, officers need help and support from their peers more than ever.
At the Rural Services Network, we want to support our local authorities and their officers to find solutions to problems and to share best practice and offer support to one another delivering services in rural areas.
We provide to all of the officers in all of our 150 member authorities, the opportunity to take part in our online network and forum. This forum will enable authorities to:
• Innovate with colleagues from other rural authorities
• Share best practice and generate ideas
• Save time and resources by networking electronically without leaving the office
• Avoid duplication in research
• Keep up to date with current thinking
The networks will be based on professional areas but will also enable officers to link up and work together across functions focusing on particular challenges and areas of interest.
The network currently includes forums on the following topics:
• Local Government Finance
• Performance and Service Improvement
• Rural Service Delivery
This third strand, Rural Service Delivery will provide opportunity for general discussion and more focused networking around housing, economic development, rural crime and planning and communities.
How to access the forums:
All Officers from member authorities can join one of our e-networks, they are available through the Knowledge Hub.
1. Login to the Khub at:
2. Search for 'Rural Services Network - Sparse' and ask to join
3. Start to benefit from the networking opportunities straight away!