We recognise that in these times of budget cuts, reductions in funding, and the pressure to find more efficient ways of working, officers need help and support from their peers more than ever.
We are currently developing a range of e-networks to support officers from member authorities in their work. These will enable officers to share best practice and offer support to one another delivering services in rural areas.
The networks will be based on professional areas but will also enable officers to link up and work together across functions focussing on particular challenges and areas of interest.
Benefits for member authorities:
• Innovate with colleagues from other rural authorities
• Share best practice and generate ideas
• Save time and resources by networking electronically without leaving the office
• Avoid duplication in research
• Keep up to date with current thinking
The network currently includes forums on the following topics:
• Performance, Improvement and Transforming Services
• Environmental Health
• Recycling and Waste Management
• Saving Money on Service Delivery
All Officers from member authorities can join one of our e-networks, they are available through the Knowledge Hub.
Login to the Knowledge Hub https://knowledgehub.local.gov.uk/ and search for 'Rural Services Network - Sparse'