The Think Tank Round-Up is a short summary of recent reports of interest to local government and the wider public sector, put together by members of the policy team at Oxfordshire County Council.
This edition covers the first four months of 2016, and includes:
* The Institute for Government on "Making Devolution Deals Work"
* The LGA on behavioural insights in health, and digital transformation
* Policy Exchange on "Smart Devolution"
* The NLGN Commission on Place-Based Health
* The RSA on localism and devolution, including the Wiltshire experience
* Nesta on "Connected Councils"
...and many more, as they say.
Do drop me a line if you see (or indeed produce) other reports you think it would be worth summarising and circulating.
* * *
A short collection of case studies to demonstrate how "nudge" theory is being used by local government, in particular public health practitioners, to encourage their residents to make changes to improve their health.
A short report which looks at the progress of devolution deals across England.
This report examines how digital technologies could help councils save money, foster local economic growth and deliver better outcomes for local residents and communities.